Saturday, February 7, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #131, Fuyuko Tomita's "black-iron wind bell"

 

!! I publish this CD-Special episode early, because I am in the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy it was to read all of your responses on our first CD-Special by Fuyuko Tomita and I am proud that she is a fellow Dutchman and a great haiku-poetess. I don't have a lot of her haiku, but there is for sure a haiku which I can share here with you all. In fact this is one of her haiku which were published in a Dutch mindfulness magazine Happinez. As I read that article this haiku caught my attention immediately ... so here it is:

Kurogane no fuurin byakuya o nariyamazu

Black-iron wind bell
in the white summer night
tinkles on and on
© Fuyuko Tomita

Credits: Black-Iron Windbell
And here is my response on this haiku by Fuyuko trying to become close to her spirit ... not easy I think, but ... well I have said that very often and every time I came up with a nice haiku ..., however this time I have looked through my archives.

evening walk
the sound of a wind chime
deep silence


© Chèvrefeuille
And a cascading haiku from my archives at my base weblog:

in the spring breeze
the wind chime sounds
with every step


with every step
the melody of spring rain
follows me
follows me
the melody of a Buddhist chant
Om Mani Padme Hum


Om Mani Padme Hum
resonates in my heart and soul
in the spring breeze
© Chèvrefeuille

I hope I have inspired you to write/compose an all new haiku (or tanka) and I am looking forward what your muses will bring you ...
This CD-Special episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 10th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, Tranquility, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share .... have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you have made the end tie up with the beginning, as well as the internal connections.

    ReplyDelete