Thursday, August 6, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #160 Lolly's 2nd bedside vigilance



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have a nice new CD Special by Lolly, our "summertime"- kukai winner, for you all. It's an "oldie, but a goodie", as Lolly says herself. I think she is right.
This, however, will not be a very long post, because I need to prepare my interview for a new job as an Advanced Nursing Practitioner Oncology for tomorrow, Friday August 7th. It's a complete new challenge in which I will become the "right hand" of the Oncologist. For example I have to write new protocols and create new ways for the treatment of cancer and I will take over part of the nursing and care issues from the Oncologist . So I am a bit excited, I hope (of course) they will give me that chance to grow in my job as an oncology nurse, we will see.

Ok back to our CD Special of today "bedside vigilance" by Lolly. Lolly wrote this haiku back in November 2013 and she recently posted it here at CDHK in response on our new feature "Modern Times Haiku".

Credits: scarf
Here is her haiku to inspire you to write an all new haiku or tanka:

bedside vigilance
the scarf she never finished
slowly unravels


© Lolly

In this haiku I sense the love for a past away loved one, her scarf cherished as a gem, a diamond ... maybe there is even a faint scent of this loved one's perfume ... A very strong haiku with a lot of emotions in it ...

Here is my inspired haiku:

times long gone
faint touch of eau de Cologne
grandmother's shawl


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 9th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, Karnak, later on. By the way I promised you the list for our Renga Party, but it's not ready yet, I hope to publish it tomorrow. Sorry.


10 comments:

  1. lots of emotion is these few lines! best wishes for your interview! people like you who care for those with cancer are gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sensitive prompt, Kristjaan. I hope I will be able to do justice to it.
    And wish you the very best for your interview...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of admiration for you man! Fantastic, and real challenge this new position....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful opportunity -- and a challenge, too! Best wishes, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great haiku today, and good luck on your interview. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your interview ... I'm sure you'll do great in this new position!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, I read Lolly's Lovely Things

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck Kristjaan. Your family must be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best, Kristjaan. You will come out of the interview with success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you good luck in your interview. You will do well, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete